YOUR GUIDE TO A SAFE AND ENJOYABLE THEATRE EXPERIENCE
Updated 5 January 2021
We are delighted to welcome you back to the theatre. Your safety is important to us. To ensure you feel safe, secure and comfortable at all times, we are following strict NSW Government guidelines and expert public health advice.
Please help us by planning your visit and take the time to read our COVID Safe measures below. With your cooperation, together we can stay safe and reconnect with each other.
Please note safety measures may change. We regularly update our processes based on the latest government advice. Check this page for the latest advice prior to your visit.
The current Public Health Order allows theatres to continue to perform at 75% of capacity. STC is one of a few venues in Sydney that was previously granted an exemption by NSW Health that allowed us to perform to 75% capacity on the strength of our safety protocols and data collection processes and these continue to be enforced. We will continue to closely monitor the evolving situation and will notify ticket holders with any changes.
All tickets sold from Tue 1 Dec will not be socially-distanced from other audience members.
Keeping our visitors and staff safe is our highest priority. We have introduced a range of health and safety measures, including:
- Reduced theatre capacity – theatre capacity is limited to 75%, as required by the NSW Government health guidelines.
- Air-conditioning upgrade at Roslyn Packer Theatre – we have upgraded our air-con filters to provide a higher level of air filtration at Roslyn Packer Theatre. We have also increased operational checks on our air-con systems to ensure they are operating at a high standard. We are constantly monitoring air flow in the venue and ensuring optimum intake of outside air is achieved (subject to humidity and temperature factors). As an extra measure, air-con ventilation will be increased for up to 2 hours both pre- and post-performance to optimise a clean air environment. More enclosed spaces (like toilets) will have exhaust fans set to high to ensure optimum ventilation.
- Everyone must check-in using the Service NSW mobile app. Please ensure you have downloaded the Service NSW app and logged in before arriving to avoid delays. If you do not have a smart phone, staff will assist you on arrival.
► Download on Apple (iPhone)
► Download on Google Play (Android)
- Enhanced daily cleaning regimes – including hourly sanitisation of frequently used spaces.
- Handwashing facilities and sanitiser provided throughout our venues.
- eTickets – for display on mobile phones to reduce contact and queuing at Box Office.
- Flexible ticket exchanges – we have introduced a more flexible exchange policy to allow you to exchange tickets if you are feeling unwell.
- Cashless payments only
- Cloakrooms are closed – large bags and equipment will not be permitted.
- Staff training – all STC ushers have completed training to become COVID-19 safety marshals.
We continue to follow the NSW Government health guidelines and will update our procedures as necessary.
WHAT YOU CAN DO TO HELP
- Please don’t visit if you feel unwell, have experienced any cold or flu like symptoms in the past 14 days, are awaiting the results of a COVID-19 test, or have returned from overseas or a hotspot area. We have updated our ticket exchange and returns policy – please refer to this if you feel unwell. Err on the side of caution and contact us to arrange an alternative attendance date.
- If at the time of the Event, either you or any other attendees of your group have had symptoms of COVID-19 within 72 hours prior to the event and have not received a negative COVID-19 test result, you agree not to attend the Event.
- Wear a mask. For performances at Roslyn Packer Theatre, a mask is required at all times whilst visiting our venue, including during the performance. Please bring your own mask.
- Practice good hand hygiene by cleaning your hands thoroughly with soap and water in the bathrooms and using the hand sanitising stations throughout the venue.
- Practice social distancing while in our venue. Queue where indicated and follow staff instructions.
- Download your eTicket and have it ready on your mobile phone for scanning as you enter the theatre.
- Download the Service NSW mobile app and have it ready on your mobile for QR code check-in prior to entering the theatre.
► Download on Apple (iPhone)
► Download on Google Play (Android)
- On arrival, head straight to your designated seats. Waiting or congregating in the foyer area is not permitted.
- Ensure your contact information is up to date. If you made the booking, collect the contact information of your guests and have their permission to share it if required.
- Observe lift limits and allow less-mobile visitors to use elevators first.
- Cashless payments only. Bring a credit or debit card for any on-site purchases.
- Don’t bring large bags or items as the cloakrooms are closed. Store tall umbrellas in the tubs provided (at your own risk) and put short umbrellas in your bag.
- Consider downloading the COVIDSafe app.
Visitors who do not comply with these conditions will not be admitted or will be asked to leave the venue to ensure the safety of all visitors and staff.
We look forward to welcoming you to the theatre and greatly appreciate your support and cooperation.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- What social distancing and hygiene measures do you have in place?
- What should I bring to the theatre?
- Will you be contact tracing and do I have to provide my contact details?
- Is there physical distancing in the theatre? Will I be sitting next to someone?
- Will I need to wear a face mask?
- When will I receive my eTicket/s?
- Can I exchange my tickets?
- What should I do if I’m not feeling well ahead of the performance?
- What should I do if I can no longer attend the performance?
- What should I do if I feel unwell after attending the performance?
- Can I meet my friends in the foyer?
- Are you taking venue hire bookings?
- Will the bathrooms be open?
- Is Walsh Bay Kitchen open? Do I need to make a reservation?
- Will the Theatre Bars be open?
- Will there be drinking water in the foyer?
- Is there parking available close by?
- What public transport is running to Walsh Bay?
- Is the matinee bus running?
- What eateries are open?
- Where can I find the latest information about COVID-19 in Australia?
What social distancing and hygiene measures do you have in place?
We are following NSW Government guidelines, based on expert public health advice. Social distancing measures apply to travel through foyers and the use of lifts, where you will also find additional queuing and signage are in place. Theatre capacity is restricted to 75%, however please note there is no social distancing between bookings inside the auditorium. For performances at Roslyn Packer Theatre, a mask is required at all times whilst visiting our venue, including during the performance.
What should I bring to the theatre?
Please bring a face mask and wear it at all times during your visit.
An eTicket will be emailed to you prior to your arrival, please download this and have it ready on your mobile phone for scanning as you enter the theatre.
Our cloak room will be closed – please don’t bring large bags or equipment as they will not be permitted into the theatre. Store tall umbrellas in the tubs provided (at your own risk) and put short umbrellas in your bag.
Will you be contact tracing and do I have to provide my contact details?
All ticket holders and visitors are also required to sign in on arrival at the theatre using the Service NSW App. Your check in data will be stored securely by NSW Health for 28 Days. Please look to Service NSW FAQs for more information.
Is there physical distancing in the theatre? Will I be sitting next to someone?
No, there is no physical distancing in the theatre between bookings. You will be seated next to other people. Theatre capacity is restricted to 75%, following current NSW Government guidelines.
Will I need to wear a face mask?
All visitors and staff are required to wear face masks throughout their visit and during the performance at Roslyn Packer Theatre. Please bring your own mask. If you forget your mask, our staff can provide one upon entry.
When will I receive my eTicket/s?
Your eTicket will be emailed to you on the day of your performance. Please download the PDF attachment on your mobile phone and have it ready for scanning upon entry to the theatre. There is one page per seat.
Can I exchange my tickets?
Yes, we have introduced a more flexible exchange policy to allow you to exchange tickets if you are feeling unwell. Ticket exchanges are available up to 2 hours prior to a performance. View full details.
What should I do if I’m not feeling well ahead of the performance?
Please don’t visit us if you feel unwell. Please err on the side of caution and contact us to arrange an alternative attendance date. Refer to our updated ticket exchange and returns policy.
What should I do if I can no longer attend the performance?
View our ticket exchange and returns policy to see what options are available to you.
- South Eastern Sydney Local Health District: (02) 9540 7756 or;
- National Coronavirus Helpline: 1800 020 080 (24-hour helpline)
- STC Customer Service: (02) 9250 1777
Are you taking venue hire bookings?
Yes we are, with new safety measures in place. Make an enquiry.
Will the bathrooms be open?
Yes. Please follow social distancing and queuing signage inside the bathrooms. Please observe hand hygiene by using the soap or sanitiser available at each sink. Enhanced cleaning regimes will be performed regularly.
Is Walsh Bay Kitchen open?
Walsh Bay Kitchen will be open to theatre audiences. Pre-theatre set menu dining options are available. Due to reduced capacities in the restaurant, reservations and prepayment are strongly recommended. Alternatively you can enjoy an a-la-carte supper after the show without prepayment. More info.
Are the Theatre Bars open?
No, the Theatre Bars will be closed. NSW government health guidelines stipulate that patrons must be seated whilst consuming food or beverages inside the venue. Therefore our theatre bars are currently closed due to limited availability of seating throughout the foyers.
Will there be drinking water in the foyer?
We are unable to provide water stations or disposable cups as we usually would. Please bring your own water in a sealable container.
Often the best option is often to access one of the three primary parking structures which service the area:
Barangaroo Point Car Park (entry via Hickson Road): $25 Early Bird rate (weekdays - entry between 5am and 9:30am, exit between 3pm and 7pm on the same day) $10 flat rate for nights (Entry after 5pm) $12 flat rate for Saturday and $10 flat rate for Sunday.
Barangaroo Reserve Car Park (entry via Towns Place): $23 Early Bird rate (weekdays- entry between 6am & 9:30am, exit between 3pm & 7pm) $10 flat rate for nights (Entry after 5pm), and $12 flat rate for weekends
Bond One Car Park (entry via 26 Hickson Road): $12 flat rate after 5pm weekdays and $10 flat rate on weekends. Casual rates apply before 5pm weekdays (please note pre-booked parking is unavailable at this site).
Prices subject to change.
What public transport is running to Walsh Bay?
Bus routes 324 and 325 that run between Walsh Bay, the CBD and Watson’s Bay are working to their regular schedules. You can find the most up to date bus information on the Transport NSW website.
The closest train station is Circular Quay, a brief 15 minute walk from Roslyn Packer Theatre. Plan ahead by accessing up to date maps and train schedules.
The NSW government strongly recommends the wearing of face masks on all public transport.
For more information on COVID-19 safety measures when using public transport, head to the Transport NSW website.
Is the matinee bus running?
No, the matinee bus service has been suspended for the time being. Take a look at our Your Visit page to plan your travel to STC.
Where can I find the latest information about COVID-19 in Australia?
Keep up to date with NSW Health advisories about COVID-19, including outbreaks at nsw.gov.au/covid-19