Update: 2pm, 25 March 2020
A message from Artistic Director Kip Williams and Executive Director Patrick McIntyre
The ongoing situation regarding the containment of COVID-19 has unfortunately led to the cancellation of many productions around the country, including several here at Sydney Theatre Company.
We are saddened to have to disappoint our audiences in this way, however our first priority is and always will be the health and wellbeing of our patrons, our employees, and the community at large.
In this challenging time, all of us at STC are concerned for the wellbeing and long term viability of Australia’s vibrant and internationally recognised arts community. We are especially mindful of the plight of small organisations and freelance practitioners who do not have access to resources or contingency plans.
We greatly appreciate your understanding during this difficult period, and thank you for the support so many of you have already shown us and fellow theatre makers. We’ve been fielding requests as to how best you can help and we are very grateful to our patrons who have chosen to donate their cancelled tickets back to us, as tax-deductible contributions – generosity like this, and further donations, will be essential to mitigate the impact of this unprecedented global event.
These are uncertain times. One thing we can be sure of, however, is that theatre is a necessary and vital space where communities are built, nurtured and maintained. Its importance will only continue to grow as we look to the future. Rest assured that we will be back and producing shows as soon as it is safe and advisable to do so.
Kip Williams, Artistic Director
Patrick McIntyre, Executive Director
Cancelled performances as at 25 March
- All remaining performances of No Pay? No Way! at Sydney Opera House, scheduled to run until 28 March.
- All performances of No Pay? No Way! at Riverside Theatres, Parramatta, scheduled from 1 – 4 April.
- All remaining performances of Triple X at Queensland Theatre, scheduled to run until 4 April.
- All performances of Home, I’m Darling at Sydney Opera House, scheduled from 6 April – 16 May.
- All performances of Triple X at Sydney Opera House, scheduled from 30 April – 23 May.
- All performances of The 7 Stages of Grieving at Roslyn Packer Theatre, scheduled from 23 May – 13 June.
- All performances of Fun Home at Roslyn Packer Theatre, scheduled from 29 August – 2 Oct.
Refunds and returns
Please be assured that ticket holders for cancelled performances are entitled to a refund. We also have other ticket return options available including a credit voucher valid for 3 years, or donating the amount as a tax-deductible contribution which will be essential to our artists and ongoing operations at this challenging time.
We will contact the ticket booker of all cancelled performances
We will only be in contact with the person who made the booking. In this unprecedented situation, our Box Office is fielding a tremendous volume of requests and cancelling tens of thousands of tickets. While we are working to be as responsive as possible, please be mindful that significant delays may be experienced in our customer service channels. Please await our contact.
We greatly appreciate your patience, support, and understanding.