WHY WORK FOR US?
Sydney Theatre Company is Australia's largest theatre company and the state theatre company of NSW. STC is a place where artists, staff and audiences come together to explore and share ideas through the power of live storytelling.
We aim to create work that reflects the world we live in and engages people from all walks of life. Different perspectives and experiences give rise to new and transformative stories that are vital to our work. Our distinct community of people, and our creative output, is fuelled by these differences.
We believe in inclusion and accessibility, and provide equal opportunity. We offer staff a creative and supportive environment.
All staff are entitled to complimentary tickets to STC productions.
To apply for a position:
- Download the job pack that contains all required information and instructions
- Please note all applications must address the selection criteria if one has been set
- Please forward your completed application and CV to email@example.com unless otherwise specified in the job pack
POSITIONS CURRENTLY AVAILABLE
- Event Project Manager Applications close Mon 27 Jun 9am. Download the job pack.
- Executive Assistant to the Artistic Director Applications close Mon 27 Jun 9am. Download the job pack.
- Lighting Technician Casuals Applications close Mon 27 Jun 9am. Download the job pack.
- Staging Supervisor Applications close Mon 27 Jun 9am. Download the job pack.
- Venue Head Mechanist Applications close Mon 27 Jun 9am. Download the job pack.
- Casual Staging/Mechanist Technicians Applications close Mon 27 Jun 9am. Download the job pack.
In 2022, work experience will take place from 26 – 30 Sep. We no longer offer ad hoc work experience placements for individual students and we do not offer work experience outside of these dates. Even if your work experience week is outside of this time, you might consider doing our week in addition to the work experience week designated by your school.
Sydney Theatre Company runs an internship program with key tertiary institutions in NSW, and internationally with Boston University. These internships are managed and coordinated directly through these institutions.
Unfortunately, due to the busy nature of a large theatre company, we are unable to accept unsolicited internship applications outside of these established programs.
Since 2013, STC has partnered with CareerTrackers to provide internships for Indigenous students each summer. The 12 week program gives students the opporutnity to be part of a team, gain skills and confidence. The CareerTrackers Program is designed to make student interns, employers and communities successful. More info.