YOUNG WHARFIES: 7 THEATRE SHOWS, 7 WORKSHOPS, 5 MASTERCLASSES, UNLIMITED INSPIRATION
"Throughout the program, we have forged a network of connections with industry professionals and formed friendships with other inspiring young creatives." Nikki Eghlimi, Young Wharfie 2019
Young Wharfies is an engaging and free learning program for Year 11 Drama students (in 2020) who are inspired by the power and creativity of theatre.
The group of students selected to be 2020 Young Wharfies will spend a year attending productions, participating in workshops and meeting artists and creatives at STC.
In 2020, the Young Wharfies will:
- Attend 7 productions throughout the year: The Deep Blue Sea; No Pay? No Way!; Home, I'm Darling; The 7 Stages of Grieving; The Picture of Dorian Gray; Fun Home; Wonnangatta
- Explore aspects of each play in pre-show workshops
- Analyse each show in discussion groups with other Young Wharfie participants
- Participate in five masterclasses led by artists about theatrical styles, directing, programming and writing for theatre.
We strongly encourage students who are Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander, from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, and those living with disability to apply.
Young Wharfies aims to build theatre literacy through watching and analysing how meaning is created in live theatre, from the Elements of Drama to directorial choices and Elements of Production.
HOW TO APPLY
Applications are now open for the 2020 Young Wharfies program!
To apply, please fill in our online application form with the following information:
- Your personal details (including school, drama grade and contact teacher)
- A 250-300 word response to the question: What is the relevance of theatre for young people today? (You can refer to any theatre you have seen at STC or elsewhere)
Applications close Fri 15 Nov 2019.
For more information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or (02) 9250 1768.