Explore the links below to jump ahead
Can I exchange my tickets?
Can I get a refund on my tickets if I can't use them?
Can I offer my ticket to someone else if I cannot use them?
I've missed my performance, what can I do?
What is a Season Ticket?
What is a single ticket?
What are preview peformances?
Is there violence/smoking/nudity/coarse language/heavy subject matter in the play I am about to see?
What concessions do you accept?
What are your delivery options for the tickets I purchase?
I've lost my tickets, can you issue me duplicate tickets?
The performance I have tickets for has been cancelled. What can I do?
Do you accept group bookings?
What are your terms and conditions for purchasing tickets?
Who are the authorised ticket sellers for Sydney Theatre Company events?
I would like to supply feedback on the performance that I attended or the customer service I received, how do I do this?
Ticket exchanges are available for most Sydney Theatre Company productions, up to 24 hours before your performance date. You can exchange your tickets to another date of the same production, subject to availability and some conditions.
Please visit our Ticket Exchanges page for further information on how to exchange your ticket.
If you have lost your tickets you will need to make a written request for approval to exchange your tickets without the original tickets from the Customer Services Supervisor firstname.lastname@example.org
Once tickets are booked they are non-refundable. Full refunds are only offered for specific and unusual circumstances, such as an event cancellation. All tickets sold by STC are issued subject to the Live Performance Australia Ticketing Code of Practice, which details conditions regarding refunds.
If you cannot use your tickets or gift them to friends/family you may wish to consider donating the value of your tickets to STC. Donations support the wide range of Australian artists and theatre makers we employ to tell our stories each year and keep the theatre industry alive. All ticket donations of $2+ will receive a tax deductible receipt.
Yes, but we ask that you advise our Box Office to avoid any complications. If they are concession tickets please be aware proof of this concession is required, or a fee may be charged to upgrade to a full price ticket.
Unfortunately we cannot exchange tickets from a past performance — if you have missed your performance you will need to purchase another ticket.
A Season Ticket is a subscription package that consists of 6 or more plays. It is more cost effective to purchase a Season Ticket than purchasing single tickets through the year. A Season Ticket gives you:
- Significant savings on full price single tickets – in 2018, Season Ticket Holders save a minimum 20%
- Access to the best available seats
- Pre-sale windows on Special Offers to high-demand productions, like The Wharf Revue
- Discounted Extra Single Tickets so you can share lower prices with friends and family
- Free, unlimited ticket exchanges
- No transactional fees
- An option to pay in instalments by spreading the cost of your Season Ticket across 4 payments
- An STC Benefits Card to access offers and discounts with our partner organisations on wine, cinemas, hotels, parking, cultural outings and more.
- An exclusive renewal window next year – one of the most coveted benefits is first access to the next year’s plays
And that’s just a taste.
We accept Season Ticket bookings online and by mail using the approved booking form. Please visit our 2018 Season Tickets page for more information and to book.
Single tickets are those that are purchased on a casual or play by play basis.
Single tickets are generally available for all plays. Many of our plays do sell out to Season Ticket Holders, so sometimes single tickets may not be available at all, or only very limited amounts may become available.
Single tickets for each play go on sale at different times of the year, so check the booking information on each play page on our website for more information or sign up to our enewsletter to stay in the loop. Browse our current plays
Previews are a set of performances that precede the official opening. The purpose of previews is to allow the director, cast and crew run the show in front of an audience, to identify problems and opportunities for improvement and to make adjustments to the production so it is the best it can be. Often there will be changes made during previews. Sometimes there may be a stop in the show, but this happens quite rarely. For these reasons, tickets to previews are offered at a reduced price.
We aim to be as clear in our materials as possible as we do not wish to offend personal sensibilities and values. In our annual Season Brochure and on this website we include language, violence, nudity, and smoking warnings and an indication of the themes and subject matter of each play. Sometimes this includes warnings about content that could potentially be triggering. Smoking is often mentioned in the play's stage directions, but is often omitted or added during rehearsals. We post warnings outside the entrance to the auditorium about strobe lighting, smoke machines, very loud noise, gunfire and smoking. For the latest warnings and information, please call STC Box Office on (02) 9250 1777.
Our Education department also have full details on the themes within their program that parents and teachers need to know about before they can book for Education shows. Please contact the Education Team on (02) 9250 1778 or email email@example.com
We offer concessions to Pensioners, full-time students, seniors, unemployed and Under 30s (29 and under). The appropriate ID, concession or membership card must be provided at the time of booking so we can keep these on file or, in the case of phone bookings, when collecting tickets and entering the theatre.
Concessions apply per person and valid proof of concession for each concession ticket booked must be shown at the time of collection.
We offer a number of ticket collection options;
Print at Home
Print at Home is the most convenient way of receiving your tickets. You will be emailed your tickets straight away as a PDF attachment. This email arrives separately to your order confirmation. Please print out each page in the PDF attachment and bring them with you to the venue for scanning at the door.
Please note: We do not offer Print at Home as an option for tickets that require Proof of ID (such as concession and Under 30 tickets).
We can post your tickets to your specified delivery address. Please allow 7-10 business days for your tickets to arrive.
Standard mail is available for orders that do not require Proof of ID (such as concession tickets) and for performances that are more than 7 days before the purchase date.
Collect tickets at the venue
If your performance is within 7 days of purchase or you have purchased a concession ticket, you can collect your tickets from the venue Box Office on the day of your performance.
In most cases lost tickets can be replaced with a Lost Ticket Voucher (this is slightly different from a new ticket), but we will ask you to confirm the basic details of the booking in order to do this. Please contact us as soon as you realise you have mislaid your ticket/s on (02) 9250 1777 or visit the Box Office on the day of your show at least 45 minutes prior to the performance start time.
Where the lost ticket is part of a group booking in one name, you will need to provide the seat number of the lost ticket. The person that booked the group should have access to the seat numbers so you can figure out which one is the lost ticket.
This does not happen very often, but if your performance has been cancelled, our Box Office will be in touch with the person who made the booking to discuss next steps. All ticket holders may exchange into another performance of the same production, or into another STC production of equal value. Both options are subject to availability. We will refund any patrons unable to make another performance.
If you have booked through a third party agency (e.g. Sydney Opera House, Ticketmaster, Showbiz) please contact them directly and they will advise their organisation’s next steps.
We offer discounted groups pricing for groups of 10 or more people for most productions. Groups pricing can be found on the production pages on our website.
For bookings of groups with more than 10 people, please call Box Office on (02) 9250 1777 to purchase.
For Education group bookings please visit the Education page for more information and to download a booking form.
Sydney Theatre Company tickets are sold or issued subject to the Live Performance Australia Ticketing Code of Practice, Fair Trading Amendment Act 2017 No 52, STC Terms and Conditions of Sale (outlined below) and the requirements of the venue. Any ticket holder or attendee agrees to abide by these Terms and Conditions. If you have any queries, please contact Box Office on (02) 9250 1777 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Terms and conditions of sale
This ticket is sold or issued subject to the Live Performance Australia (LPA) Ticketing Code of Practice, Fair Trading Amendment Act 2017 No 52, the STC Terms and Conditions of Sale and the requirements of the venue at which the activity is presented. Any patron purchasing a ticket or attending an event agrees to abide by these Terms and Conditions. Conditions include, but are not limited to:
- STC reserves the right to refuse admission or remove any ticket holder in accordance with the LPA Ticketing Code of Practice.
- The right is reserved to vary, substitute or withdraw advertised programs, vary ticket prices, seating arrangements, or substitute artists where necessary.
- Tickets cannot be exchanged or returned after purchase except as outlined in the LPA Ticketing Code of Practice. Refunds will not be issued for tickets purchased through unauthorised resellers, and will not be extended for any incidental costs i.e. travel, accommodation, parking, etc.
- The use of photographic or recording equipment, including mobile phones, is prohibited for copyright reasons, and as sound, light and vibration affects performance and audience. Mobile phones must be turned off or to flight mode upon entry to the auditorium.
- STC reserves the right to record, photograph, broadcast, telecast or webcast any event.
- This ticket is only valid when initially purchased through an authorised agent. STC reserves the right to cancel any ticket distributed in breach of this condition without refund.
- This ticket may not, without the prior written consent of STC and the seller, be resold or offered for more than 110% of the original supply cost (including via online auction sites or resale agents) either by the original purchaser or any subsequent bearer. STC reserves the right to cancel any ticket distributed in breach of this condition, without refund to the consumer and refusing admission to the ticketholder. We reserve the right to request evidence of the resale price paid to enforce this requirement, which may include; bank statements, sale receipt/invoice, official documentation or correspondence.
- Latecomers will only be admitted to a performance during a suitable break, which may be the first interval if an interval is scheduled for the applicable performance. Seating may be relocated as a result of late entry to minimise disruption.
Sydney Theatre Company is the main authorised ticket seller for STC events. Tickets for certain events can also be purchased via Sydney Opera House, Roslyn Packer Theatre, Ticketmaster, Seymour Centre, Riverside Theatres and Playwave.
Only tickets purchased by authorised agencies should be considered valid and reliable. In accordance with our terms and conditions of sale, STC reserves the right to cancel any ticket that is not purchased through an authorised agent and/or the ticket holder may be refused admission to the event.
You are welcome to submit feedback to STC at any time and we have a number of avenues for you to do so. You can write to us at PO Box 777 Millers Point 2000 — please mark all feedback FAO Customer Services & Ticketing Manager. You can email us at email@example.com or you can call us directly on (02) 9250 1777.
Question not answered here?
Contact Box Office on (02) 9250 1777 during opening hours to speak to someone from our customer services team.